2021 Exabeam Cybersecurity Scholarship Program
Passionate about pursuing an education and career in cybersecurity? We’re as passionate about it as you are! Learn about the 2021 Exabeam Cybersecurity Scholarship Program.
Scholarship and internship opportunity
Exabeam is a security analytics and automation company. We help security teams outsmart the odds by adding intelligence to their existing security tools.
As a leader in cybersecurity, we’re passionate about supporting the next generation of professionals pursuing an education and career in cybersecurity. As the cybersecurity landscape evolves and cyber threats become more complex and difficult to detect, we’re seeking students who want to bring a more diverse perspective and create an inclusive environment to solve the cybersecurity challenges of the future.
The third-annual Exabeam Cybersecurity Scholarship Program is an initiative designed to support the next generation of professionals in pursuing an education and career in the security field. For the first time, the scholarship program will award the first-place winner a paid internship in the department of their choice in addition to $10,000. The runner up will receive a $5,000 scholarship.
Video contest: submission requirements
Between May 13, 2021 – August 30, 2021, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Exabeam Cybersecurity Scholarship,” include your name and contact information, academic transcripts, and a link to a 5-minute video covering all of the topics below:
- Describe your personal and educational background, and what department you’d like to complete your internship in?
- What – or who – inspired you to pursue a career in cybersecurity?
- Why is it important for the cybersecurity industry to increase its diversity?
- Describe any contributions you have made to the cybersecurity field, i.e., volunteer work personal stories , and any other relevant hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you.
- Tell us why you are the best candidate to receive this scholarship / internship.
The 2021 Exabeam Cybersecurity Scholarship Program is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are sixteen (16) years of age or older at the time of application and who are currently enrolled (or have been accepted to enroll) in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning (e.g., junior college, college or university) with a minimum 3.0 grade point average.
Selection criteria and prize(s)
On or about August 31, 2021, Exabeam will select up to two (2) submitted applications as the potential prize-winning applications. Potential winners will be selected based on academic achievements, contributions, video clarity and response to our value-based questions.
Two (2) winners will receive the following scholarship prize(s):
- First prize of ten thousand dollars ($10,000.00 USD) and a paid internship at Exabeam.
- Second prize of five thousand dollars ($5,000.00 USD).
Terms and Conditions
By submitting an entry, applicants acknowledge that they have read and agree to the full terms and conditions of the scholarship program.