Exabeam vs. LogRhythm: Five Ways to Compare and Evaluate
In the world of cybersecurity, choosing the right security information and event management (SIEM) solution can be challenging. With so many options on the market, it’s essential to compare and evaluate the best options to meet your organization’s needs. In this blog post, we will compare Exabeam and LogRhythm, two popular SIEM solutions, and show why Exabeam is the superior choice.
- LogRhythm scored poorly in third-party analyst reviews A leading analyst firm’s reviews revealed that LogRhythm is lagging behind in the cloud. LogRhythm lacks a robust platform for data source integration, and their cloud platform is split between two interfaces. In contrast, Exabeam is a leader in decentralized data integration, connecting with hundreds of best-in-class security vendors.
- LogRhythm has limited third-party integrations, particularly with cloud and SaaS applications. LogRhythm offers only about 150 third-party integrations for SIEM and around 50 for SmartResponse. In contrast, Exabeam supports more than 500 SIEM and more than 70 incident responder integrations. Exabeam Cloud Collectors also support collection from more than 40 cloud services, plus custom and webhook cloud connectors for extensive cloud and SaaS visibility.
- LogRhythm UEBA and machine learning (ML) solutions are a patchwork. Exabeam has industry-leading User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) capabilities, with more than 700 ML-driven models covering attack vectors throughout the MITRE ATT&CK® framework. In contrast, LogRhythm provides only about 65 UEBA models, and their UserXDR only runs four times a day — and can take up to nine hours to surface an alarm to analysts, making even near-real-time detection impossible.
- LogRhythm lacks sufficient pre-built detection content for a modern SIEM. LogRhythm has a poor analytics engine with too much reliance on detections based on Indicators of Compromise (IOCs). Triaging alerts is a manual process, and LogRhythm does not provide an analyst with enough context, especially beyond 24 hours. In contrast, Exabeam provides prescriptive use cases, displays end-to-end timelines, and adds automation at every level of TDIR.
- LogRhythm’s displays are inferior. LogRhythm’s displays lack the necessary context to analyze an incident end-to-end. Their new “Details Page” provides little help to the analyst, with no visibility into incidents spanning multiple sessions or days. In contrast, Exabeam Smart TimelinesTM reduce the time required to detect, investigate, and respond to incidents by creating a coherent narrative from machine-generated data.
Choosing the right SIEM solution is crucial for organizations that want to prevent attacks and detect malicious activity. While LogRhythm is a popular choice, Exabeam stands out as a superior option. Exabeam has industry-leading UEBA and ML capabilities, more third-party integrations, and better displays, making threat detection, investigation, and response (TDIR) easier. So, if you’re looking for a reliable SIEM solution, Exabeam should be your top choice.
Learn more about Exabeam
To learn more, download our guide, “Exabeam vs. LogRhythm: Five Ways to Compare and Evaluate“.
Insider Threat Use Cases: How Modern SIEM Solutions Detect Malicious Activity
Real-world Examples of Insider Threats and Detection Points for Identifying Them
The Importance of Data Science in Cybersecurity: Insights from Steve Magowan
Safeguarding Banks With Security Updates, Patching, and Pen Testing
Subscribe today and we'll send our latest blog posts right to your inbox, so you can stay ahead of the cybercriminals and defend your organization.
See How New-Scale SIEM™ Works
New-Scale SIEM lets you:
• Ingest and monitor data at cloud-scale
• Baseline normal behavior
• Automatically score and profile user activity
• View pre-built incident timelines
• Use playbooks to make the next right decision
Request a demo of the industry’s most powerful platform for threat detection, investigation, and response (TDIR).
Get a demo today!