McAfee Labs Report Finds 93 Percent of Security Operations Center Managers Overwhelmed by Alerts and Unable to Triage Potential Threats
This is a very interesting report from our partner, Intel Security/McAfee. Some interesting bits:
- Enterprise security operations center survey found 93 percent of respondents acknowledged being unable to triage all potential cyber threats.
- On average, organizations are unable to sufficiently investigate 25 percent of security alerts.
- 67 percent of respondents reported an increase in security incidents.
- 26 percent acknowledge operating in a reactive mode despite having a plan for a proactive security operation.
- New ransomware samples increased 80 percent since the beginning of 2016.