SAN MATEO, Calif., April 1, 2018 — Exabeam, the leader in Security Intelligence Solutions, today announced Exabeam Data Fjord, a security data store designed specifically to meet the needs of customers in the Nordic region.
Scandinavia has seen a massive spike in event logs due to the proliferation of offshore wind farms over the last five years. According to Dong Energy, offshore wind power generation in the North Sea has the potential to grow from 13 GW today to 230 GW, a seventeen-fold increase. Modern turbines house sophisticated computer systems to tune blade angle and monitor power grid status, generating thousands of events per minute that need to be logged.
Compounding the data volume issue is the unpredictability in wind conditions. Changes in wind speed vary the log ingestion rate, requiring EPS variability not seen in standard data lakes.
Exabeam Data Fjord was specifically built to meet the challenging IT requirements of customers in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Greenland and the Faroe Islands. Features include:
- Turbine Parser Library — includes over 400 parsers to handle inbound logs from General Electric, Siemens, Enercom, Gamesa, Xinjiang Goldwind Science & Technology, Vestas Wind Systems and other major turbine manufacturers.
- Automatic Metric to English Measure Conversion — companies find it hard enough to hire skilled security analysts, much less those that can convert miles per hour to kilometers per hour on the fly. Automatic conversion makes it easier to tune log collectors during highly variable wind conditions.
- Embedded Rune Translation — legacy systems used in the fossil fuel power industry still use Viking runes that were in common use decades ago when originally installed. Data Fjord offers instant parsing and translation into modern Norwegian. Support for Nynorsk and Høgnorsk is planned for the second half of 2018.
- Native integration with Exabeam Windcident Responder — automatically respond to security incidents at remote and distributed wind farms with pre-defined sequences, with integrations for most major turbines, generators, power transformers, and even Windows XP.
- Integration with Weather.com — to facilitate log ingestion adjustment during coffee breaks, Data Fjord offers optional integration with Weather.com.
“I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten Windows and wind logs mixed up. It’s really confusing,” said Nils Nilson, Gulf of Bothnia security analyst at SwedeWind. “Thank god Exabeam is listening to people like us. I know the Data Fjord will really help me.”
“Wind farms are the new security perimeter – the new DMZ if you will,” said Sven Jorgennssonn, regional vice president for the Nordics at Exabeam. “With about a turbine a day being built and the wind speeds ever-increasing, nothing but a data fjord will satisfy regional requirements.”
Exabeam Data Fjord is available immediately. For more information, visit
Exabeam provides security intelligence and management solutions to help organizations of any size protect their most valuable information. The Exabeam Security Intelligence Platform uniquely combines a data lake for unlimited data collection at a predictable price, machine learning for advanced analytics, and automated incident response into an integrated set of products. The result is the first modern security intelligence solution that delivers where legacy SIEM vendors have failed. Built by seasoned security and enterprise IT veterans from Imperva, ArcSight, and Sumo Logic, Exabeam is headquartered in San Mateo, California. Exabeam is privately funded by Norwest Venture Partners, Aspect Ventures, Icon Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and investor Shlomo Kramer. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Contact: Lesley Booth Touchdown PR for Exabeam email@example.com +44 (0) 1252 717 040