Exabeam, the leader in user behavior analytics (UBA) for security, today announced that it finished 2015 at over 150 percent of sales targets and increased momentum heading into 2016. Gartner estimates that the UBA market will grow from $50 million in 2015 to approximately $200 million by the end of 2017, a CAGR of 100 percent. Exabeam expects to increase headcount by 100 percent and sales by 300 percent over 2015 results in the coming year.
“2015 was a big year for Exabeam. The company fired on all cylinders and it’s a very exciting time to be here,” said Nir Polak, CEO. “The UBA market is growing very quickly, and we are well-positioned to extend our leadership position in 2016. We have the team, the technology, and the partners in place for significant growth.”
Key 2015 Milestones:
- Exceeded sales targets every quarter ending 2015 at over 150 percent of target sales.
- Strengthened the executive team with key hires that included Ted Plumis, vice president of channels and alliances and Rick Caccia, chief marketing officer. Today, Exabeam also announced the hiring of Patrick Zanoni as vice president of finance. Mr. Zanoni joins Exabeam from CipherCloud, where he served as vice president of finance.
- Secured key technology partnerships with SIEM leaders IBM Security, HP, Intel Security, and Splunk.
- Raised $25 Million in a Series B financing, led by Icon Ventures, an early investor in Palo Alto Networks (NYSE: PANW) and FireEye (NASD: FEYE).
- Hired data science expert, Derek Lin, as chief data scientist. Prior to Exabeam, Mr. Lin served as head of data science at EMC company Pivotal Inc.
- Launched the UBA industry’s first ecosystem partner program, the Exabeam 3D Technology Alliance Program, with initial partners Bit9 + Carbon Black, Centrify, Dtex Systems, Skyhigh Networks and Situational Corp.
- Released Exabeam version 2.0, including the UBA industry’s only automated analysis of account lockouts, to dramatically improve IT helpdesk productivity.
- Named a Cool Vendor in Security Intelligence by Gartner, and noted by Gartner in its UEBA Market Guide.
- Established Exabeam Labs, with the hiring of security industry expert Barry Shteiman, who joined Exabeam from Imperva (NYSE: IMPV)
- Built out a global channel program, adding over 20 new partners internationally.
- Expanded operations globally, opening sales operations in the UK, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, and Japan.
Exabeam’s user behavior analytics solution leverages existing log data to quickly detect advanced attacks, prioritize incidents and guide effective response. The company’s Stateful User Tracking™ automates the work of security analysts by resolving individual security events and behavioral anomalies into a complete attack chain. This dramatically reduces response times and uncovers attack impacts that would otherwise go unseen. Built by seasoned security experts and enterprise IT veterans from Imperva, ArcSight and Sumo Logic, Exabeam is headquartered in San Mateo, California and is privately funded by Norwest Venture Partners, Aspect Ventures, Icon Ventures, and Investor Shlomo Kramer. Visit us on Facebook or Twitter and follow us on LinkedIn.
For more information, please contact: