2018 was a memorable year for cybersecurity. Millions of people were impacted as we saw more companies hit by megabreaches—from a major hotel chain to a social media platform used by billions. And it was certainly a topic in the news, as organizations strategized about how to improve their security and governments considered regulations like GDPR for greater data privacy protections.
Reviewing all of Exabeam’s coverage, these are our top 10 blog posts that had the biggest readership and were the most noteworthy.
- How UEBA Overcomes 5 Hurdles to Achieving Effective Security and Incident Response
Cybersecurity pros know that the threat volume has increased and its severity is getting worse. Read how, by investing in new technology such as user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA), organizations can achieve better network security and incident response.
- The Complete Guide to CSIRT: How to Build an Incident Response Team
A computer security incident response team (CSIRT) will mitigate the impact of security threats, and more often is becoming a necessity. Learn what it takes to build a CSIRT dedicated to incident response.
- 5 Things to Know About Exabeam Data Lake
A security data lake lets organizations collect and store unlimited amounts of log data for threat detection and compliance use cases. Learn about the most important things to know on the Exabeam Data Lake.
- 5 Best Practices for Your Incident Response Plan
Too often security incidents happen without warning. Read about how having a well-conceived IR plan enables security teams to quickly triage an incident, while pointing analysts in the right direction.
- SIEM Threat Detection – Rules or Models?
Next-gen SIEM technology offers security professionals some of the most effective threat detection capabilities for dealing with modern security challenges. Read about the advantages of using models versus correlation rules.
- Incident Response Plan: 6 Essential Steps for Responding to a Security Incident
Security teams face many unknowns and a frenzy of activity during a cybersecurity incident. Following these incident response steps can limit the damage.
- Security Data Lakes: Comparing the “Do It Yourself” Deployments Versus Commercial Solutions
Looking at a DIY security data lake versus a commercial solution? Here are the key considerations.
- Introducing Behavioral Analysis for Devices – Exabeam Entity Analytics
According to Gartner, we’re on track for 4 billion internet of things (IoT) devices by 2020. Whether it’s a security camera or wind turbine, Exabeam Entity Analytics analyzes the behavior of these machines and devices for greater cybersecurity.
- Understanding the Role of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning in Cybersecurity
Artificial Intelligence (AI) was in the news a lot in 2018. Beyond the hype, learn about the applications of AI, machine learning, and deep learning in the world of cybersecurity.
- 2018 State of the SOC Report
Maritza Marie Dubec
Exabeam’s survey report dove into the mindset of those in the cybersecurity trenches, as well as the managers and CISOs who lead them. Read about the report’s key insights on security operations and cybersecurity leadership.